My colour palette for autumn

Usually for every season I scour Pinterest for inspo- picking my fave styles and colour palette. So I have done this autumn. But this time around I decided to look at my own photo library. So I picked the one's I felt drawn to. I had in mind the pieces I like wearing. After that I did collages of the pictures. And voilà here's my colour palette. 
My favourite colours, warm earthy tones and soft pinks. And weirdly these colours go well together. The warmth and the cool undertones of the pink compliment each other. I also noticed that I prefer to wear these tones. And I actually have many pieces in my wardrobe that are in this colour palette. I think this will be a perfect referents picture for future outfits.

 In this collage I really dove into the warm orange and beige. It also sparked an idea- outfit based on an eyeshadow palette!?(a future series..?)   
So based on these collages i put together two outfits. 
First up soft pink and burgundy mixed with browns. It's a feminine soft look. And I quite enjoy the 60's of it all. I've been recently inspired by 60's style icons.

Of course I had to make a semi monochromatic look. With just the brown tones with a pop of mustard. A casual look that you can take from work to spare time. 
I thought this was a great idea for getting inspiration. Nature and everyday life can inspire colour combos. I loved making these two mood boards. And I think I'll start doing the same thing for coming seasons. 

First look; 
Shoes Dr martens 
Shirt Monki
Skirt Marks and Spencer
Gloves: Lindex
Bag Guess
Scarf A+ more
Second look;
Shoes Dr martens 
Shirt Monki
Leggings Cubus
Hat: &other stories 


Comments