Catrice cosmetics| Review

Soooo the other day I was casually strolling in Tokmanni for the usual necessities. And I stopped at the essence cosmetics stand (what a shocker). I stood there swatching and when I was just about to leave something caught my eye.... I turned around, a new big makeup stand... "oh well here we go another non cruelty free brand probably got a new big stand" SO I THOUGHT.  It.was.CATRICE COSMETICS.
I ran to the stand (like a crazy person) and there I was for probably a hour just swatching.
I've seen on Youtube loads of reviews on the brand and I got intrigued. So the brand is cruelty free and they've got VEGAN PRODUCTS. a n d they label every vegan product CLEARLY !!!YAY!
The brand also fairly in-expensive so natuarly I HAD to buy everything haha! (help me I have a problem with makeup)Lets get in to the stuff i got!
 So first up the beautiful Ametist palette. A beautiful eyeshadow palette with neutrals and a pop of purple and blue. The formula on the glitters are creamy and soft. The mattes has a bit of fallout when using them. But the colour payoff is pretty good. The palette is cool toned except for the bright orange
The exotic traveller mini eyeshadow palette.
This was the first thing to end up in my cart. It's petit and perfect to carry in your carry on makeup bag. It's truly tiny, smaller than my palm. The colours are fun and the perfect ones to spice up a day look.
Aloha sunset face palette. Ah the gorgeous shades of bronzy bronzers and succulent blush and golden highlight. Yes truly a face palette that dreams are made of. I know the swatches are not the best, but I swear it performs beautifully on the skin.
Liquid metal eyeshadow. I am obsessed with these. I went in for more- seriously. not kidding. I bought all the colours!
Tinted lip glow balm, my dry lips hungered for this. A tinted lip balm for the cold winter days.
Ah and lastly the clean ID line's lip balm and mineral highlighter. A golden glow from a beautiful highlighter and a moisturising lip balm containing shea butter.
 Ok so after that "quick" run trough of my of the rails shopping spree. I also decided to only wear only Catrice cosmetics for a week. Everything is catrice except for the mascara, foundation, concealer and the brows.
Monday: So I just had to dip my finger in the beautiful purple in the amethyst palette. I only used the amethyst palette on the eyes and enjoyed the beautiful colours. However I learnt that this palette requires you to do the eyes furst- due to the fallout of the pigments. 
I used the luminous blush in the face palette, it has a wonderful golden glow. I heard from a colleague that my cheeks had a beautiful glow. For the lips I used the tinted lipbalm that gave the lips a pink hue.
 Tuesday; So ok sorry for the bad picture but it was taken about 6.30 am- work started at 7.00. But I went with a golden glow look. I used the mineral highlighter that has a stunning golden glow. For the eyes I used the liquid metallic in the shade champagne shower. I also applied a touch of the orange from the amethyst palette.

 Wednesday; So I dipped in the exotic traveller mini palette. And took a liner brush- soaked it in setting spray. Then I used the green shade as eyeliner. And I applied a wash of the brown shades from the amethyst palette. For the cheeks I used the other more deep pink blush and both of the golden highlighters from the face palette. UGH I loved this look. 
 Thursday: A long day ahead and I decide to put the liquid shadows to test. A bold choice or just plain stupid to test out the longevity of eyeshadow before a concert? First I did a wash of the orange shade in the crease from the amethyst palette.  After that I got both of the Liquid metals and started to play. I did a halo eye, first the shade when in doubt add glitter and then layering the shade champagne shower in the middle. And the day was truly a l o n g day. I went to work, after that I had a concert and after my concert I went for coffee with my friend. AND the eyeshadow hadn't moved or creased!?!??!?!?  I'm a BIG fan of the liquid metals!!
On the cheeks i used the luminous bronzer. And as you see I got a bit carried away.... However it is a stunning shade. The glow is warm golden and the undertone is a stunning toasted shade.
Saturday: Ok so I know what you're thinking "WHERE IS FRIDAY"!? Well I messed up. I went to work in a hurry again starting early at 7am and after work I went shopping with my bestie. AND I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE NOOO! So eh. yeah. 
But at Saturday I recreated the look. Here Im using the amethyst palette's neutrals. First the orange shade then the browns. And on top the shimmers going from the light shades into the darkest on the outer edge. Cheeks done with the luminous blush, in a more subtle way than earlier. And then I used the golden highlighter from the face palette .

My thoughts: After all i had a good makeup week I think. The products were great, and I love that they make vegan makeup for a affordable price. So that everyone can enjoy the fun of makeup. Also I liked the packaging. Pretty and it didn't feel like I was wearing affordable makeup?


Hits: Do I truly have to mention it? THE LIQUID METALLICS are definitely number 1!!! I also enjoyed the face palette. The eyeshadow palettes good for travel tough there are also better formulas around. But don't get me wrong I did enjoy them!

Misses: There where not anything I hated. But If I had to pick one that missed the mark for me it would be the tinted lip balm. Not for any other reason than it was VERY pink. I tought it would have been subtle rosy. So it was at least when I first put it on. But as the workday went on and I just kept reapplying it. It slowly went from rosy to p i n k.  Which is maybe my colour.  BUT if you like pink this one is for you!

All in all I think this is one of my new fave cosmetics brands, maybe topping  essence cosmetics...? *GASP*



Comments