How to not get bored| Vegonista unplugged


We live in weird times right now, feels like everything is cancelled. A while back I had the conversation with my friends about how difficult being in lockdown/quarantine is. The main issue we talked about was being bored. Frankly I don’t ever feel bored, I just always have something to do. Maybe it’s an only child thing, I’ve been a lot on my own growing up. With a single mom I always where with her to meetings etc. So I’m used to keeping myself busy. So I thought why not comply a list full of things to do in this weird times.

Make yummy vegan focaccia! I usually don’t enjoy cooking or baking. But in the weekends I usually bake focaccia, It’s easy to make and takes only about 20-30 min to make!


Watch Opera, Musicals or follow along a Museum tour online. Currently many of these places are closed and many of them offer online content. For example, The Metropolitan opera in New York has been streaming a new opera every day. As a classical singer student you best believe I’ve been watching them. For musicals I’ve been watching sir Andrew Lloyd Weber’s musicals every Friday. They stream on YouTube a new musical every Friday night.

Have an online game night! Now that we have Zoom and what not Skype, you can play your favourite games through them. My friend told me that you can play Monopoly via the internet. I’ve been playing scrabble and other games!

Watch a movie together online. I’ve watched Netflix with my friends through Netflix party. You can watch the movie and chat with your friends. I liked it and the best thing is that you can see the movie at the same time laps as your friends.

Makeup and more makeup! Many have complained that you have nowhere to go with a face full of makeup. But think of this, what better time to improve your makeup skills than now! I enjoyed watching makeup artists video and recreating them. My faves right now is, Lisa Eldridge, Katie Jane Hughes and Robert Welsh.

Have an online dinner party or lunch! Super easy and fun, dress up make your fave food and face call your friends or family.

Learn some new skills! A lot of unis have free online courses right now so why not do some studying. Learn a new language through duo lingo? Have online dance classes? There are many ways to learn new things through the internet.
There are so many things to do. But mostly of all, remember to rest. This is a chance for you to recharge and when this whirlwind is over you can enter the world recharged. Don’t feel pressured into being productive. It’s ok to rest, not doing anything is also something to do.

Comments