A full week only using Jawbreaker

Jeffree Star came out with his summer collection full of colour and unique lipsticks and highlighters. But the thing i totally fell for in his presentation video was the big palette so full  of vibrant shades. So I went trough my makeup collection and found that I didn't own anything like the palette- so I bought it. When I got it I was in full awe- the colours the shimmers the glitters. Everything to fill my summer dream makeup looks.


Straight away I knew I wanted to make  a review for you guys but a first impression felt just like it wasn't enough. So I challenged myself to only use the Jawbreaker palette for one week. And that's truly a challenge for me since I always use many palettes for one look.
I'd like to add these pictures are not edited to give you a honest look at the shadows.
Day one: I went for a neutral look, and a pop of yellow. The matte brown is stunning. However the yellow I found a little tough to work with. I don't know if it is my skin tone that is to close to the shade. I did a lot of building up I even applied the shade with my ring finger. But I guess it's a good shade to use in a neutral look.  
Day two: I had a lavender dream moment. I just felt the beautiful lavender shade calling me. The mattes worked great and held up the whole day.
Day three: I had a looong day planned. Work started at 7.30 am and after work I was going to a concert at 7.30 pm- So I definitely had the makeup on over 12 hrs. I have to say I was pleased with the staying power. The mattes where smooth and the glitter was stunning in the sunshine. I did however a little touch up after my afternoon nap before the concert. But it hadn't really creased then.
Day four: I decided to give the yellow another chance- I really wanted it to work. Well I came to the conclusion that it's really just a transition shade. I pared the yellow matte with the yellow glitter shade.  And I had some difficulties with that one too- but that's on me, I applied too much cause I got carried away haha! However I advice you to put on a concealer base and wet the shade for less fallout.
Day five: Pride parade in Helsinki- so I tried to create a rainbow look. And oh boy did I have a hard time blending. I had the most issues with the green and the blue. I stamped the colours on the lid- no problem. But as soon i started blending it just disappeared. I started to doubt my tried and true eye base- concealer and a light eyeshadow shade... But after hard work and frustration I did it.   
Day six: Sunday nothing big planned just a lunch with my friends. So I went for a fresh blush look and coral peach shades on the lids. Again no problem with these shades. And I finally got the hang of the shimmer shades. Best applied with my fingertips and slightly wet.
Day seven: I gave the green another go. and the glitter yellow. This time I went for the same technique as the matt yellow. And I had the same problem as in the rainbow look. As soon as I tried blending the colour disappeared. So I just stamped the colour with my ring finger.
I did the same with the yellow and i spritzed it with a little bit setting spray. And it worked great. However the green.....
Bonus day eight: So I wanted to work with the shades i liked the most. The matte brown Tasty, the warm beige Cone and the shade Jawbreaker. I really liked the look. A everyday smokey eye look.

My final thoughts on the palette
Should you buy it? Yes and No. 
Well the green, yellow and dark blue aside. Yes! I really liked the other shades. As I do own the other two big palettes Blood sugar and Blue Blood I have to say that I recommend them over this one. However if you are craving some beautiful glitters and shimmers I recommend this one.
The possibilities with a palette like this are endless you can truly create any look from a neutral tone to a rainbow look.
Will I be reaching for this in the future? Yes!
It's still a palette with colours I don't have. Like the beautiful light lavender shade and the light coral matte. And I really liked that the shadows didn't crease that much. Even the yellow and the green!
Is worth the price? hmmm no and yes.
Well this costs about 60 € (58 dollars on the Jeffree Star webshop). I think this Is a palette to grab when it's on sale. I bought it in Sokos and they usually have coupons or sales and I think this is great buy during that sale. But if you are as me drawn to the shimmers and glitters I do recommend this. But if you want to use the yellow and green I would opt for another palette. For me it's not a big deal If two shades aren't working but I know for some it's a deal breaker. 

So that's my review and full week wear of the Jawbreaker palette. Let me know if you'd like to see more full week wears of one palettes. I really had a lot of fun creating the looks and pushing me not to wear only neutrals.

Comments