TATI BEAUTY WEEK

The day came, when I finally got to the post office to pick up a VERY exiting package from USA. Finland had a post-strike so  had the palette in customs just waiting for delivery. Meanwhile I was looking at numerous palette reviews.
So when the big day was here and I rushed down to the post office at 10am I asked you.... Would you rather have a first impressions post or a full week review. The votes showed what you wanted.... A full week review.
But enough of the chit chat- let's get to the review.
Here it is in all its glory!!! So first impressions or when I tore the cardboard paper surrounding off the palette. I was in awe. Amazement.. Such a dream palette. For every occasion. And the sequins I wanted to swim in the glitters. But I'm not going to talk that much about the basic facts. I think you've seen all the reviews by now.
As you can see the palette in the picture is surrounded by different colours. And they ALL are shades of the palette photographed with flash.
Before we get in to my week with the palette I'd like to add NO PHOTO TOUCH UP HAS BEEN MADE OR COLOUR CORRECTING. All photos are taken with my iPhone's front camera with flash.

Day one; Monday morning starting the week with a soft look. First I used my concealer and the matte shade Aura for a base. After that I ran matte Story and Soothe in the crease. I'm  always drawn to a nice metallic so I dipped my finger in the metallic Story shade. Such a lovely metallic gold and firey. And somehow I dipped also in Soothe metallic just on the outer corner. And for the inner corner I took sequin Aura.
The shadows blended nicely. The metallics are not super foiled I would say it's a soft metallic formula. I was very happy with my look.

Day two; A little bit more dramatic. I fell in love with the shade sequin Aura- a creamy white with pink glitter. So I started with the same base, concealer and matte Aura. After that matte Soothe in the crease and matte Ritual in the outer corner. And as star of the show, sequin Aura at the lid. However, I noticed the sparkle was very subtle- only seen in sunlight as a soft shimmer. On the inner corner metallic Aura. I wanted to bring some life into the look so i decided to use the metallic Poet shade on the lower lash line.

Day three; A quick  structured line. I wanted to test the shades pigment and longevity. I love to use eyeshadows for soft eyeliners. So I used the same base as earlier with matte Aura. I softened the crease with a quick dip in matte Soothe. The line I created with a mix of matte Ritual and matte Memory. In the inner corner a dot of metallic Soothe. On the lower lash line a wash of matte Story. 
This look held up very well. I applied my makeup in the morning before work- so about 6 am. And I had a singing concert in the evening at 7pm. I only needed a tiny bit of touch up on the liner to get it sharp again. 
 Day four; P o e t. The gorgeous shade of lilac purple pink. And this pigment is PACKED so strong that I had to take of the initial look. Just because I underestimated how pigmented this shade is. So just a small LIGHT touch was enough for the whole crease. I wanted to do a halo eye so I applied the metallic Story shade in the middle and in the inner corner sequin Aura. 
I liked this look, it's bold and feminine. I loved how the metallic Story and matte Poet mesh together.
 
Day five; Independence Day in Finland. So I decided to celebrate with testing the glitters. And oh how I loved it. I am amazed how the glitter had barely any fallout. And I wore it all day and the glitter didn't budge. Otherwise I used the same base as usual. I started with matte Soothe and a little bit of matte Story. On the outer edge I used matte Ritual. Oh and of course the glitter is Aura- an absolutely stunning shade.

So should you buy the palette, do you really need another neutral palette. Well- no, there are plenty palettes out there. But however if you need a great neutrals palette this it! I think this is a quality palette with wonderful shades and textures. If I could only keep one neutral palette I think I'd keep this one. The shadows blend nicely and the shadow does not crease.


Comments