Eco christmas gift ideas





It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… or something along those lines. Sustainability has been a big word this year.  We even discussed it with my friends, the consumerism on Christmas has gone too far. So we’ve agreed with my friends not to give Christmas gifts this year. Just to have a good meal and great company, it’s truly enough.
However, I do have other people I’ve not made this agreement with. And I do really enjoy give gifts.
So this year my gifts are focused on eco and sustainability. So I thought I’d share some eco gift ideas.


First up the Jungle Straws. This year plastic straws have really been a hot topic. Plastics are polluting our, as a step to prevent it plastic straws has been banned. So why not get some beautiful metallic straws. It’s a great gift, who doesn’t love to sip on a cold drink trough these straws!? I bought these from Ecolo, an eco-shop. They are pretty affordable only 2,90€ per straw. And you can also buy a pipe cleaner to go with the straw. They had two sizes a narrow and a wider for drinking smoothies. I loved the colours, for myself I got the copper/rose gold ones.

Spices might seem as a unusual gift. But me, a coffee and hot chocolate drinker I think it’s a great gift. I use ginger bread spice to flavour my coffee, and cinnamon. Super easy you just put a teaspoon of the spice in the coffee before you brew it. Delish!!! Or if you bake you can spice your cookies with this.

In the winter our skin usually gets dull and ashy, and nobody wants that! One of my fave body lotions is from Urtekram, and their aloe vera lotion. It smells great and is easy on the skin. It soaks up fast and doesn’t leave a greasy film on the skin.
It’s not only the skin that suffers in the winter months. My hair usually gets super frizzy, but for remedy I use argan oil. With my hair texture I use it every day to add shine and silky smooth texture to my hair. Sometimes I mix some argan oil to my conditioner and use that mix as a hair mask. After that my hair feels so smooth and no more dullness or frizz!
Lip balm is something I think all of us use year-round. And because we literally eat our lip balm I think it’s really important to have ones that don’t have any toxins in them! My fave brand is Hurraw’s lip balms, they make all kinds of nice flavours. Another fun lip balm brand is crazy rumours. This brand I discovered this week they have everything from bubble-gum to amaretto, really fun flavours!


And lastly some eco cosmetics. Here I have a lipstick from eco brand boohoo cosmetics, they have great and beautiful lipsticks. And to match the purple lip I found Avril’s nail polish to match. I think creating a personalised makeup bundle is a nice gift. You can even go and buy the person’s staple items.
And as I discovered Crazy Rumours lip balm, I also saw that they had tinted lip balms. And the makeup junkie that I am. Guess who got themselves a Christmas gift?

Comments