4 days in Italy



Ciao babes! So as I mentioned earlier, I travelled to Italy in the end of August. I had a such wonderful time. I went there for the Verona's opera festival which takes place there every year since 1913.
It was a perfect get away. I got new energy and inspiration for the rest of 2019.
If you'd like to see a video of my visit you can watch it here on my IGTV . But since the video is more of a montage of video clips I'd like to share a bit more here on the blog.

 We visited quite many places for only being in Italy for 4 days. The first place was the little town of Borghetto. A small town surrounded by water- anywhere looked you heard and saw water. It's definitely a place I recommend visiting. There's maybe not many activities in this small town. But It's certainly worth a couple hours for the beautiful scenery.



Next day we visited the beautiful Garda lake. The water was tempting and calling for a quick swim. However i resisted my urges to jump in. The town was however packed with people- so if you'd like some quiet time this is mabye not for you. However I do suggest If you where to visit to take a boat ride round the lake to see the beautiful surroundings.


 After Garda, I went to Verona for the first Opera. I saw the magnificent Aida opera. And It's hands down the most pompous scenery on the stage I've ever seen.
I was also surprised how well the acoustic in the Arena is. And yes. It is from the Roman-times!





The third day was dedicated to Verona. I visited a museum on the previous years of the Opera festival- that has been held since 1913. After that I visited a wonderful vegan restaurant called Flora- I highly recommend checking it out if you ever were in Verona. After I stuffed my belly full of vegan goodness I shopped. As seen in the video I tried some clothes and shopped at... surprise surprise Sephora haha! And after all that it was already evening and I enjoyed the beautiful Tosca . That opera truly gave me chills- magical!



 Lastly before my flight home I visited the stunning lake Como. And for some reason I loved it a bit more than Garda. It was surrounded by the great mountains with the border of Switzerland just around the corner. I'm still dreaming of the place- and I truly wish to spend some more time there someday.
All in all I had a wonderful time. The trip was short, but packed with activities. Someday I wish to travel to Northern Italy again for it's beautiful nature. Also for the amazing Opera experience.





Comments

Post a Comment