How I spice up a basic outfit


The most basic outfit can be transformed with easy small accessories. I’d say invest in good basics and then style with fun accessories to spice it up!
Since I’m on a no buy I’ve used this a lot. So I’d like to share some of the ideas with you!

 



I like to get inspired by Pinterest and Instagram. I usually save the one’s I like. Then I take a look at the accessories. Here I’ve picked up my fave spring pieces. My beloved thrifted mini Longchamp in fresh mint. And a structural bag that also has that fresh pastel colour. Then I had to include my lovely bamboo bag that is so beautiful that I have it on display at home. Lastly I picked a lovely belt, it’s vintage actually- my mom’s .


 Ok now I have my base, a pair of light jeans and a black basic long-sleeved top. It’s time for layering. Since it’s the beginning of spring, I’m itching to wear my summer dresses. However, the weather does not permit that yet. So I started to layer summer dresses with jeans. 
 Here I’ve paired my beautiful summer dress with the base. It brings spring feel to the look and I like how flowy the outfit is with the dress! Since I love colour matching I had to pair the dress with the Longchamp bag.
  Why not put on a kimono style satin shirt? Do you see a theme here lol. In spring I try to lighten up my outfits. Moving away from chunky knits and big puffy jackets. 


 Since it’s soon trench weather why not also spice up your jacket. Usually I like to wear the belt that goes with the jacket. But why not use a statement belt to cinch in the waist to get a feminine figure?  



 Hope you got some inspo for this spring and don't be afraid to try out some fun combos. Isin't fashion just playing dress up after all?

Comments